Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Frances Bean in Harper's Bazaar

This is a great article. She's so damn smart - let's hope she stays that way.


"These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything," Frances says. "I'm famous by default. I came out of the womb and people wanted to know who I was because of my parents. If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents. People need to wait until I've done something valid with my life."

On her love of the play, Grease: "Oh, I hate those people who are consistently the Sandys," she scoffs. "I'm always kind of a badass. I'm an attention whore. I'm not gonna lie." She sees a little bit of Rizzo in herself: "I'm sort of hard. I'm not mean; I'm just sort of cocky. But you know when Rizzo sings that song, 'There Are Worse Things I Could Do'? She's like, I can feel and I can cry. I'm really outgoing, but there's times I want to be by myself."

Frances prizes her tight-knit set of friends. "I can count on one hand how many people I trust," she says. She is also wary of indulging in the petty dramas of teenagehood. "I've had a different perspective on what real drama is," she says quietly. "I'm not a fantasy-type person. I'm really pessimistic. It's horrible." Glass half empty? "No, more like a glass is just there."

Read the full article here

No comments: