A friend of mine brought this organization to my attention since I'm a lover of music and if you're someone who has come across this page either as an old fan or looking for some old dirt, then you obviously are a fan of music as well. Take a minute to read below about MusiCares and of course while donations are always helpful you guys know (especially those of you around from the beginning of Shame-free) that you don't need money to get the word out. <3
Stolen cymbals, the fall off the stage ankle break, a personal crisis, addiction issues, your studio destroyed by a hurricane, financial hardship, medical problems – you are a musician – and these are all things that can happen to you!
Who is always the first in line to help other musicians?
Concerned fellow musicians are usually the ones - sometimes the ONLY ones!
But now we have MusiCares - a non-profit organization that helps too. Big time!
We are reaching out to you – asking you to tell us what YOU can do to help our musician to musician grassroots push to get our music playing community to donate to MusiCares. The money raised will eventually come back to us and our musician friends when they are in need. It is an organization set up to work for us. Your little $5 / $10 / $25 – little donations will add up to help in a big way.
Please do what you can to help! In addition to making a donation you can:
· Add a banner to your website or blog: Download them here: http://mirror.secondthought.
· On Facebook, please “like” MusiCares® at http://www.facebook.com/
MusiCares and then, share with your personal networks. If you have a page on Facebook, have your page like the MusiCares page and then share with the people who like your page. Share the stories from the MusiCares blog at http://blog.musicares.com/
· If you are on Twitter: Please follow @MusiCares. Share the news and participate in the Twitter contest at: http://blog.musicares.com/
2011/08/29/tweet-for- musicares%C2%AE-and-win-free- swag/
· Ask people to Be A Part of the Heart at: http://bit.ly/BAPOTH.
· Enter our MusiCares® Blogger of the Year contest! One lucky blogger will be credentialed to a position the MusiCares® Person of the Year red carpet as well as attend the event as a blogger. http://bit.ly/MBOTY. And yes, Sir Paul McCartney will be there!
· Write about MusiCares and how they help musicians and artists facing difficult times. If you need any information or background materials, please let us know and we will do what we can to help!
· Do you have any upcoming shows? Talk about the campaign at your concerts and encourage your audiences to go to beapartoftheheart.com.
· Do you have other ideas? Let us know! And let us know when you DO something on behalf of MusiCares...then we can share your antics with the MusiCares community and get YOU some well deserved Kudos as well!