Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Kill the emos?" Aren't we a little past this?

Here's the deal. Who gives a shit if someone is emo or not? Who cares if they wear tight pants and twelve belts at once and hair in their face and eyeliner. Maybe this is me speaking as someone who has moved past 'high school' issues - which this most definitely falls into the same mentality - but don't we have better things to worry about? Like, New Kids on the Black reforming? I keed, I keed.

I was on the Cobra Starship chat board thing on their page a couple of weeks ago and the emo bashing began. "They're gay." "They cut." "If my lawn was emo it would cut itself." The funny thing is, the majority of the people who hate emo kids are probably emo themselves and just don't know it and if not, they're probably scene which in my opinion is just an emo with more expensive clothes.

I can't stand people who look like Patrick Stump and read books at a bar on a Friday night. It's pretentious and it looks stupid, but do I walk up to them and bully them? No. You know why? Because I have better things to do. I hate girls that wear 4 inch boots and Fredrick's of Hollywood dresses to concerts. Do I start fights with them? No, they have huge boyfriends and, they're skanks - who cares.

The point is, that if you are someone who hates emos for whatever reason, I urge you to step outside of your box and realize that in the grand scheme of things - does it really matter? Don't emos make it a point to leave people like you alone because you're probably an asshole? So the next time you feel like bashing an emo you need to step back and get over yourself.

MTV article

No comments: