Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What the f*ck?

I know this has nothing to do with music but this is so strange I had to share. I don't know if you guys are ready for this story but here goes...

I read about this on Dlisted and while I love Michael K. over there I was a little skeptical on whether or not this was real. Well, the BBC reported a story about it and that's good enough for me. Children in Africa have taken to getting high off of sewage fumes. I know - it's vile and I wish I could tell it wasn't true but apparently it is. I've never felt so thoroughly disgusted and deeply saddened by something at the same time. On one hand their huffing methane from human waste and on the other (and don't get wrong, I am no sympathizer to drug abuse) but they're escaping the harsh realities of their lives. This "trend" has moved into the states which befuddles me to no end. I mean, at what point do you decide that huffing sewage is worth the high? Amazing.

Link

No comments: