Monday, November 6, 2006

Kanye West is an idiot

I won't go into the many, MANY reasons why I think he's a moron. I think we'e covered some of them earlier in the semester. I came upon this article today (which is a little old, but I feel is necessary to say something about it) in which the writer discusses Mr. West's recent behavior at the European MTV Awards. I would paraphrase it myself, but it's been done so beautifully by our buddies at ArjanWrites.com. I promise, it's worth the read:

"It all went down after Justice Vs. Simian were the surprise winners of the Best Video Award for "We Are Your Friends." The band was not available and two representatives accepted the award on the group's behalf. Visibly ticked off, Kanye West crashed the stage to upset their acceptance speech.

West, who was nominated in the same category, ran his big mouth and said: "Fuck this! My video cost a million dollars (. . ..) If I don't win this award, this show loses credibility." He also added that he had not seen Justice Vs. Simian's video. The live footage quickly turned to a commercial.

The show's presenter Justin Timberlake tried to ease the moment after the break by making a clever remark. "Kanye West will be accepting awards he didn't win in the parking lot after the show," he quipped. "I've got sexy covered, it is good to see someone is bringing crazy back." Touche! West admitted backstage that he had drunk too much "sippy, sippy."

I can't even describe how big of an asshole this guy is. I mean, I'm an asshole so forme to say that; he must really have something wrong in his head.

If one of you sees him in public and doesn't bust him in the jaw, I'm personally coming after you.

No comments: