Monday, November 6, 2006

Maybe that obnoxious friend with all the bulletins was right...

Could MySpace be on the road to charging for licensed content? MySpace along with owner, Rupert Murdoch has been under heavy pressure for their lax rules regarding copyrighted material. The new decision still allows you to use whatever you want for your page (music, videos, etc.) but you would now have to pay a small fee to do so.Now, I am no expert at internet social communities but without getting too technical, I know a thing or two about business. Let me explain what it wrong with this picture:

1.) I am NOT giving my credit card to a website that can't keep people from phishing my password.

2.) The majority of people on here are under the age of 25 and most of them can't afford to pay anything or don't have a means (via credit cards, bank accounts) to pay anything.

3.) One of the selling factors for MySpace vs. other social sites is that you can share music and videos - two things of which I will NOT pay for on here.

4.) They make enough money off of advertising that this should ot even be discussed.

5.) Does this mean that eventually we actually will have to pay for MySpace. Ya'll better forget all that! I'm not paying shit for this crappy site that usually doesn't work. I will tell you though, in the event that they do begin making people pay; WE WILL NOT BE SHUT DOWN!

Shit, if I'm going to pay to use a page, we'll get a real page and you guys can just come play with us there!

<3>

Link

No comments: